How To Submit Contributed Stories To Gray Zone Fitness And Tips On Getting Published
Want to share your views with Gray Zone Fitness readers?
Here's how to submit articles for consideration and details on what we look for.
Gray Zone Fitness selectively accepts outside contributions from interested parties. Here’s a little bit about how that works.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
Articles submitted for consideration should be of interest to readers of Gray Zone Fitness, have a tone that is appropriate for Gray Zone Fitness, and be written by anyone with interesting relevant information. We like articles that introduce new ideas and advance conversations around topics and trends that engage our readers. We appreciate lively, polished writing that balances research or news with fun and memorable anecdotes or examples that help illustrate your point of view.
While we encourage drawing from your own experiences to support your ideas, over-the-top self promotion (of yourself or your company) may result in significant editing or non-publication. Similarly, we don’t advocate dense jargon, or blanket assertions.
Please no pitches, abstracts, outlines, or press releases.
Gray Zone Fitness prefers submissions from contributors who are have something to say about topics we regularly cover: fitness or fitness strategies, personal success stories, motivational information, nutritional topics, weight loss strategies or success stories, and recipes are popular with our readers.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Most articles are around 750–1,200 words, and must be submitted in MS Word format. We cannot offer to pay for contributed stories, but if they’re engaging to read and useful to our audience, we will energetically promote them, just like any other story that runs on our site. Feel free to attach your bio of fewer than 100 words and a link back to your site, if you have one. Let us know if you want your email address published.
Send via email complete, unpublished articles only, in an MS Word document, to email@example.com.
WHAT TO EXPECT IF WE ACCEPT
Submissions are typically reviewed within 24 hours of submission, but that occasionally extends out to a full week, and we are selective. Due to high volumes, we’re not always able to respond to all submissions. You will be credited for writing the article, unless you tell us otherwise.
WHEN WE DO ACCEPT YOUR ARTICLE:
- All articles are subject to editing.
- Headlines and subheads are subject to change.
- Content may be edited for style, tone, or substance.
- Links may be added for context.
- Art is welcome, and may be added or edited at the discretion of Gray Zone Fitness staff.
- Articles may or may not be promoted on Gray Zone Fitness’s homepage, in our newsletters, and via our social feeds.
- Gray Zone Fitness requests that contributed articles remain exclusive to our site for three to five business days, after which time they may be reprinted in part or full on other sites, with a link back to the original article on Gray Zone Fitness.